Be the Best Math Tutor You Can Be
Students Who Needs You
There is a lot of students who needs help in mathematics. Many students think that math is such a complicated subject and that there is no way for them to love that subject. Every time they reached a higher level in school, the math they are encountering are getting harder and harder, more letters are being used in math, they thought that math is all about numbers but they were wrong. And so, most of them are just giving up or if not, they are not doing so well in class, so they need a math tutor like you.
Characteristic of a Good Math Tutor
As a tutor, you would really want to help them. Given that, give them the most help you can give. Here are some of the characteristics of a good math teacher that you should be:
1. A goof tutor knows how to deal with the strengths and weaknesses of their students.
2. There should be a system that you must adapt in order to consistently monitor and assess the performance of the student.
3. You should also have an understanding of the characteristics of your student so that you would know how to deal with them.
4. And the most important thing is for you to have a passion in teaching.
Enhancing Your Tutoring Skills
If you think that your skills in teaching are not yet enough, then here are some of the tips in enhancing your teaching skills:
1. You should know how to verbalize the steps you are teaching your students.
2. There are obviously techniques that you will teach them and techniques that you would use in teaching them, be creative in teaching and executing those techniques.
3. Use the power of manipulatives. These are helpful in making your student remember what they have learned; these give the abstract concept that you have taught a physical form.
4. You should have a relationship with your student. Having a relationship with your student will make them comfortable with you. Hence, they would listen and trust whatever you are teaching them.
5. And lastly, you know how to explain the lesson, ask questions, and reinforce the lessons to your students.